Reputation Institute is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy ("Policy") (together with and any other documents
referred to therein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you
provide to Us will be processed by Us through your use of the RepTrak Analyzer application,
located at https://reptrak.reputationinstitute.com (“App”). Please read the following carefully to
understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR", from the GDPR
implementation date) or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998, (collectively
the "Data Protection Laws") the following Reputation Institute group companies
are the Data Controllers:
UK – Reputation RI UK Ltd
Italy - Reputation Institute Italy s.r.l
Australia - Reputation Institute Pty Ltd
Brazil - R.I.-Consultoria EM Reputacao Empresarial LTDA
Denmark - Reputation Institute Denmark ApS
The Netherlands - Reputation Institute The Netherlands (B.V.)
Panama - Reputation Institute Panama
Spain - Reputation Institute Spain S.L.
UK - Reputation (R.I.) UK Limited
DK Holdings - Reputation Institute Holding A/S
US - Reputation Institute, Inc.
Chile - Reputation Institute Chile SA
China - Reputation Institute (Greater China Limited)
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your
use of the App and providing our services:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our App. This includes information
provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information
when you report a problem with the App.
- Specifically, personal details such as login details, name, email address, name of your
organisation and any information you include in your message to Us when submitting an enquiry
form via the App.
- If you contact Us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your use of the App including, but not limited to, page response times and lengths of
visit, login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and
other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The provision of name, email address, name of your organisation is required from you to enable Us to register you for our service. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to Us.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your contact information.
Our legitimate interests are performance of contracts with our customers, including providing support
and responding to enquires relating to the provision of the service and collecting usage data in
relation to your use of the App.
Purposses of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you or the organisation that you work for with our services.
- To ensure that content on the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and
for the device(s) you use to access and view the App;
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from Us or which We feel may
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Us and you, or Us
and the organisation that you work for.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- As part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors
and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services
to you on our behalf (e.g. to host our servers).
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries,
our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the
UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your
personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data
held by Us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- to protect Our rights, property, or safety (including the App) or that of our affiliated entities
and our users and any third party We interact with the to provide the App.
Other than as set out above and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our
obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with t
hird parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security
measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed
in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business
need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and
are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify
you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally
required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your
data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received
your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent
The App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks,
advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that
before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing your Profile page. If you have any
questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact Us by sending
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold the data set out above for a reasonable time having regard to the nature of the
personal data and the purpose for which it was collected. In particular, We will keep your personal
data for so long as you are registered to use the App. If you delete your profile We will delete
all personal data associated with your profile within seven (7) years, or at any
time at your request.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the
European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work
for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment
of your orders and the provision of support services.
Countries outside the EEA do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA.
Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an
adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA,
any transfer of your personal data will be subject to safeguards such as the US-EU Privacy Shield
or a European Commission approved contract (as permitted under Article 46(5) of the General
Data Protection Regulation) that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you
remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data. To obtain a copy of such safeguards
please contact Us using the details set out below.
If you would like further information please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise
transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies)
governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between
two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights
free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy
is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured,
commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a
third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning
you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply,
see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights
under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to Us
- let Us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your login details),
- let Us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport
and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory
authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work,
normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be
contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. Any changes We may make to our Policy
in the future will be notified and made available to you using the App. Your continued use of the
you with a good experience when you browse our App and also allows Us to improve the App.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive
of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's
The cookies We use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to
see how visitors move around the App when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the
way our App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are
looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation
of our App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure
areas of our App.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our App.
This enables Us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember
your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our App, the pages
you have visitedand the links you have followed to our affiliates websites.
We will use this information to make our App, offers e-mailed to you and the advertising
displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third
parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the
setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all
cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the App.
will issue cookies as soon as you visit our App.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy should be addressed to
email@example.com. write to Us at Reputation Institute 399 Boylston St. Floor 7 Boston, MA 02116. Call: +1 617 758 0955.